Anti-Inflammatory Ginger Turmeric Tea
Temperatures are dropping, plus it is cold and flu season. Whenever I start to get a tickle in my throat, it’s time to act fast. I use this recipe when I feel like I’m about to come down with something (I hope that’t not just southern slang). Or if I just want to cozy up with a nice warm cup a tea it works for that too. Give it a try and let me know your thoughts.
2 cups water
1/2 inch piece of ginger root, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 lemon, juice freshly squeezed preferably
1 TBSP raw honey
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Bring water to a rapid boil
- Add ginger root to a jar at least pint sized
- Pour boiling water over ginger root and steep for up to 10 minutes.
- Remove ginger root and strainer into clean cup.
- Add remaining ingredients to taste.
Makes two 8oz servings