Banana Crumb Muffins
If you have overripe bananas put them to good use with this quick and easy recipe. These are perfect for breakfast or as a snack.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour unbleached
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 each bananas overripe
- 1 each egg
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour unbleached
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp butter cold
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners OR grease muffin pan.
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients together and make a well in the middle.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas and mix in remaining wet ingredients until well blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until no dry areas appear. Careful not to over mix as batter should be lumpy.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to evenly place batter in muffin pan.
For the crumb topping
- Mix together dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut cold butter into bowl until a crumbly (pea-like) texture occurs.
- Use tablespoon to spread evenly on tops of muffins.