Instant Pot Vegetable Broth
Healthy, quick, and budget-friendly vegetable broth.
- 1/2 gallon bag vegetable scraps of your choice Mine contained yellow and purple onions, bell peppers, carrots, yellow squash, celery
- 1 gallon water
- 1/8 tsp salt I used pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper Fresh cracked or whole peppercorns, if available
- 2 green onions
- 1 tsp minced garlic Can use fresh if you have it
- 2 stems parsely Fresh, if you have it
- 3-4 ribs celery ribs With leafy greens attached
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 oz tomato paste I freeze leftover paste in an ice cube tray. 1 frozen cube = 1 oz
- 1 tsp turmeric ground
Add all ingredients to instant pot and stir.
Close and lock the lid. Set steam release handle to sealed. Select Pressure Cook on High Pressure and adjust to select "More". Set cook time for 45 minutes.
When time is up, Quick Release pressure. Strain vegetables and discard them.
Pour broth into clean containers. Leave about 1-2 inches of space at the top for expansion if freezing. Enjoy!
You can use fresh vegetable scraps if you have those available.
Feel free to use different vegetables such as mushrooms or potatoes, and omit any you prefer to.